Fitness Blender is my favorite free workout option. Their website lets you filter using tons of parameters: how many minutes, what body parts, intensity, equipment, etc.
Their "5-Day Workout Challenge for Busy People" is a great place to start getting in shape:
- 5 days of different workouts, meant to be done in order (I can easily loop them with a day of something else in between for a month without getting bored).
- 30 minutes including warm up and cool down.
- High Intensity Interval Training (which seems to be one of the best workout types).
- Genuine people who care about each other, struggling to do the workout with you, encouraging and guiding you throughout.
- Two levels of difficulty to follow along with, with adjustments so that you always have something for your current level and something to aspire to.
Fitness Blender's Free 5-Day Workout Challenge: For Busy People, Day 1
After we put up our last 5 day challenge "Fitness Blender's 5 Day Workout Challenge to Burn Fat & Build Lean Muscle" we got a lot of requests for not only more of them but also one that was geared for those with not a lot of time on their hands.
Tip for getting started: When I haven’t been working out for a while, it can be hard to motivate myself to jump right into something like HIIT, and I’m also legitimately worried about injuring myself. So instead, I’ll compromise and get myself started with something that I feel genuinely comfortable committing to every day so that I’m moving my body and getting a little sore in new places and am sort of reminded that I have a body(?) and then I’ll start with something more intense.
One reliable place to start is the 3-day Flexibility Challenge (which you can also run on a loop as you ramp up):
Fitness Blender's Free 3-Day Flexibility Challenge: Day 1 (Fluid Full Body Stretches for Flexibility & Stress Relief)
This 3 Day stretching plan can be beneficial when added onto literally any other kind of training program. Whatever your regular, everyday workouts might be - from HIIT, strength, or cardio, this stretching challenge is something that you can add onto any other plan and see gains in flexibility and range of motion.
Improving my range of motion will help prepare me for more intense workouts, but these are also (secretly) strengthening exercises that will help with stabilizing muscles to reduce odds of injury.