I often have trouble thinking of a meal to make and I often don’t have much time to make or eat a meal.
Here’s my basic recipe, which seems like a fairly good meal replacement:
Optional (partially depending on weight goals and how your smoothie fits into your regimen)
- I highly recommend drinking this with a nice big straw.
- The thing that seems to matter most to me is the viscosity, so don’t be afraid to add more milk or maybe some juice to have it seem like less of a chore to get through.
- I use blueberries and strawberries because they’re low-fodmap, so that’s what I have in the freezer, and blueberries have antioxidants, but you can use other fruit.
- I go through phases of not being able to get to my bananas before they start to get too sweet — as they ripen, you can peel and chop them and put them in a plastic bag in the freezer to use when it’s smoothie time. If you have someone in the house with digestive issues, you might consider using/freezing them when they’re still a little green.
- I happen to have the world’s best blender (which I got a crazy deal on) and I think that does make my recipe more forgiving — maybe I wouldn’t like it as much if the spinach didn’t get so pulverized. But I’m sure lesser blenders will also get the job done. People seem to like the Ninjas for mid-range.